Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mexican Culture!





My Poster shows some of the things I miss from my country, what I used to celebrate and places that I like. At the lower-right side is the food, what I used to eat and I love, like tacos, gorditas, carnse asada, guacamole and some candies like “Dulce de Leche” my favorite one. Just above the food there are some things that I have embraced and I really like from America.


This is a famous “Calavera de Azucar” it is a Sugar Skull, it is used for a special tradition we have, "El Dia de Muertos" (The Day of the Dead). In this day we celebrate all our deceased relatives, we make an Altar with thinks they liked when they were alive, usually things like food, liquor, personal objects, and also we can add the “Sugar Skulls”, flowers and pictures of the dead person.This is an important image for almost every Mexican that is catholic, La Virgen de Guadalupe (the virgin of Guadalupe). It’s a symbol of hope for every Mexican, because the story says that the virgin helps us to overcome an epidemic.


I add this picture because this is the logo of my country, you can find it everywhere, in the flag, in the coins and money. The history of this is so good and with a lot of meaning.









3 comments:

  1. Alaaan :) hola! haha
    It's interesting for me to know your culture, because Mexican culture is totally different between asian culture! by the way,today I went to Mexican restaurant :D haha you know what?? I love Mexican food, sooo much!! tast really good with cheese!!!hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola.!! in your poster i learned some of the Mexican cultural:D...Maybe next time i can go to Mexico for my vacation. And like so of the Mexico food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever made a sugar skull before? My brother made one during his field trip while he was studying the Mexican culture. I want to visit Mexico some day.

    ReplyDelete