Friday, September 23, 2011

Cultural Identity Wrap-up

Sine I read "I want to be America", I realized how some people so motivate to lose their own identity and they were never been native American. On the other hand, in my real life, some chinses who were born in America are called differently by elders. Instead "ABC"(America of born of Chinese), the elders call them "Banana Boy". I was inquisitive. Finally I got the reason why they named them "Banana Boy". Because those boy who born in America alread immerged American culture. The way they thought, the hobby they have are not as same as other Chinese. Although they have the same skin color(yellow),but their inside are white(like white people,American).That's why use "Banana Boy" to describe "ABC". The name is really fit and interesting, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Yes,I agree to you about describe America of born of Chinese as "Banana Boy".This metaphor is very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete