Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cultural Identity Wrap-up


One concept that I think is very important is “Salad Bowl’. Before I started classes in this college, I knew the concept "Melting Pot", I thought it was the only concept about the diversity in America, but I thought that this definition was not correct at all. Then when I heard about the concept “Salad Bowl” my thinking change.It was perfect, a mix of many things working together in order to make another big thing, but the difference between this and melting pot, in that in this concept each ingredient keep their own integrity. I think this concept is more successful.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you!Today's world becoming more and more global! Every culture come together, but still keep their own characteristics. This concept did perfectly clarify the globalization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you!! Today in the U.S there are so many races just like the salad bowl!In face IT IS the salad bowl!

    ReplyDelete